Monday, February 23, 2009

Miniature Menu

My friend Sarah had a Birthday Party over the weekend and I was lucky enough to cook all of the appetizers for the affair. It was the perfect opportunity to try out some party finger food recipes I have had my eye on for a while. This recipe in particular was one that I found to be very visually appealing. I love miniature things and I always have. They are just so cute and these mini sandwiches were no exception.

Mini Salami Puff Sandwiches
Adapted from Real Simple

Ingredients
  • 2 8-ounce sheets of frozen puff pastry (thawed)
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
  • 6-ounce jar of roasted red peppers cut into small pieces
  • Dijon mustard
  • 6 ounces thinly sliced salami
  • 1 cup butter/Boston Bibb lettuce cut into small pieces
Preparation

Heat oven to 375° F.

Using a 2-inch round cookie cutter (I used the top of a cocktail shaker because I didn't have a 2 inch round cookie cutter), cut circles from puff pastry

and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.

Sprinkle with Parmesan and bake until golden brown, about 16-18 minutes.


Using a butter knife, split each puff in half. Spread the top halves with Dijon mustard

and top the bottom halves with salami (the salami i found wasn't 2 inches in diameter so I had to fold it in half and then fold it again to fit the "bun" - this worked well because the salami appeared layered),

peppers,

lettuce

and the top halves of the puffs. Secure with a toothpick in the middle and serve.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty!! I'm very jealous...I wish I could have parties with the ladies...

Dragon said...

Elegant, petite and perfect. Well done!

Anonymous said...

The perfect bite! I could eat 20!

Anonymous said...

You made the bread! How impressive!

Your Sister,

Jessica

PS Happy Mardi Gras! Wish you were here making parade snacks.

Kristen616 said...

These are SO cute and look delicious!

What's Cookin Chicago said...

So so cute! Thank you for sharing this!

Spryte said...

What a great idea! Those look awesome!

MaryBeth said...

Adorable...and they look very yummy.

Woody said...

that sure was a fun party.