Brie Toasts with Eggplant Marmalade
Adapted from Cooking Light May 2002
- 6 cups finely chopped eggplant (about 1 large eggplant)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can vegetable broth
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Slices diagonally cut multigrain bread (2 baguettes)
- 4 ounces Triple Cream Brie cheese, cut into 8 slices
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
Combine first 8 ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 30 minutes or until thick, stirring occasionally.
Remove from heat. Cool to room temperature.
Arrange bread slices in a single layer on a baking sheet; broil 1 minute or until lightly toasted. Top each slice with eggplant mixture
and 1 slice Brie.
Broil 1 minute or until cheese melts. Sprinkle with parsley.