View my progress on the list below:
1. Yeast Bread - Check.
2. Beef Tenderloin Steaks
3. Cream Pie
4. Creme Brulee
6. Cream Puffs
7. Crown Roast
8. Fried Chicken
9. Roux - Check.
10. Pasta and Cream Sauce - Check.
11. Roasted Turkey and Gravy - Check.
12. Chocolate Pudding - Check.
13. Layer Cake - Check.
15. Chicken Stock - Check.
7 down, 8 to go!
Homemade Chicken Stock
- 2 rotisserie chicken carcasses
- 1 large yellow onions, unpeeled and quartered
- 3 carrots, unpeeled and halved
- 2 stalks celery with leaves, cut into thirds
- 2 bay leaves
- 10 sprigs fresh parsley
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/2 head garlic, unpeeled and cut in 1/2 crosswise
- 1 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoons whole black peppercorns
- 1 gallon of cold water
Place the chickens, onions, carrots, celery, parsley, thyme, garlic, and seasonings in a 8 to 10-quart stockpot.
Add 1 gallon of cold water
and bring to a boil.
Simmer, uncovered, for 4 hours. Do not stir during simmer. Strain the entire contents of the pot through a colander placed on top of a large bowl to catch the liquid and discard the solids.
Strain the liquid again through a fine sieve to eliminate all herbs and small particles (see below) left in the liquid.
Chill the stock overnight. The next day, remove the surface fat.
Use immediately or pack in containers and freeze for up to 3 months.
Click Here for Printable Recipe