**Check out the link below my last picture. I now have a new feature on the blog that will allow you to print my adapted recipes picture free. I will be including the printable recipes for all recipes in the future. If you would like the printable recipe for a past recipe just email me and I will create the link for you.**
Jalapeno, Sausage, Jack and Egg Breakfast Braid
Adapted from Cooking Light January 2010
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 slice)
- 1 (13.8-ounce) can refrigerated pizza crust dough
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 8 ounces crawfish sausage (or any sausage of your choice), chopped
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup (2 ounces) shredded Pepper Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped seeded jalapeño peppers
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
1. Preheat oven to 425°.
2. Unroll dough onto a baking sheet coated with cooking spray; pat into a 15 x 10–inch rectangle.
3. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and sausage;
cook 9 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in eggs; cook 1 1/2 minutes or until set.
Remove from heat.
4. Make 2-inch-long diagonal cuts about 1 inch apart on both sides of dough to within 1/2 inch of filling using a sharp knife or kitchen shears.
5. Sprinkle Monterey Jack lengthwise down center of dough, leaving about a 2 1/2-inch border on each side.
Spoon egg mixture evenly over cheese.
Sprinkle cheddar over egg mixture; top with jalapeño peppers.
6. Arrange cut out strips over filling, alternating strips diagonally over filling.
Pinch ends over to seal.
Brush with egg white.
Bake at 425° for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut crosswise into slices.