Sauteed Soft-shell Crabs with Garlic Butter
Adapted from Emeril Lagasse
- 4 soft-shell crabs, cleaned and patted dry
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup flour
- 3 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Parsley flakes, for garnish
- Essence, for garnish, recipe in link above
If not already done when purchased, clean the Soft Shell Crabs by snipping across the front of the crab with kitchen shears to remove the eyes.
Then lift each flap of the top shell and remove the gills.
shaking off excess. Set aside.
In a large skillet over medium high heat, add the oil and saute the crabs until soft, about 2 minutes on each side.
Season with salt and pepper butter sauce. Transfer crabs to a plate, spoon sauce over the crabs and garnish with Essence.