Adapted from Southern Living December 2007
Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 1/2 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 chicken tenders (about 1 lb.)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 Canadian bacon slices, cut into thin strips
- 4 Smoked Fontina cheese slices, halved
1. Combine breadcrumbs, pepper, and salt in a large zip-top plastic freezer bag or a shallow bowl.
Rinse chicken tenders, dredge in milk
and coat in the bread crumbs.
2. Melt butter with oil in an ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken 3 1/2 to 4 minutes on each side or until done.
Arrange Canadian bacon strips over chicken in skillet,
and top each with 1 cheese slice.
Broil 5 1/2 inches from heat 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. If you are not sure if your skillet is broiler proof, wrap the handle in aluminum foil before placing the pan in the oven.