Corn Maque Choux with Andouille Sausage
Adapted from Emeril Lagasse
- 1/2 pound andouille sausage, sliced and quartered
- 4 ears young sweet corn
- 1 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped green bell peppers
- 1 cup chopped canned tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
In a large skillet, over medium heat, render the sausage browned.
Drain the sausage on paper towels and set aside. Cut the corn off the cob by thinly slicing across the tops of the kernels and then cutting across a second time to release the milk from the corn.
Season with salt and cayenne. Saute for 2 minutes. Add the corn. Season with salt and cayenne.
Continue to saute for 10 minutes. Add the tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes, or until the corn is tender.
Stir in the milk and remove from heat.
Stir in the sausage and green onions.