Crawfish and Andouille French Bread Pizzas
Adapted from Coastal Living March 2004
Makes 6 servings
- 1/2 pound andouille sausage, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound cooked frozen crawfish tails, thawed and drained
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt-free Cajun seasoning
- 1 (16-ounce) Whole-Wheat French Bread
- 1 (14-ounce) jar pizza or pasta sauce
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded provolone cheese
Place a 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Add sausage; cook 4 to 5 minutes or until lightly browned on all sides.
Add onion, bell pepper, and garlic; cook over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Add crawfish tails and Cajun seasoning. Remove from heat.
Cut bread in half lengthwise. Cut each half crosswise into 3 equal pieces. Remove a little of the dough in the center of each bread section and discard. Place bread, cut side up, on a baking sheet. Spread sauce over bread halves;
top evenly with crawfish mixture.
Sprinkle with cheese.
Bake at 425° for 8 minutes or until cheese melts. Serve immediately.