Sweet Corn and Parmesan Flan
Adapted from Cooking Light June 2006
- Cooking spray
- 2 1/2 cups fresh corn kernels (about 5 ears)
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- A pinch of cayenne
- 4 large eggs
- 18 small multi-colored heirloom tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced basil
Preheat oven to 350°.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add corn, and cook 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
Remove from heat. Set aside 1 cup corn kernels.
pulse 4 times or until combined.
Place ramekins in a 13 x 9-inch baking pan; add hot water to pan to a depth of 1 inch.
Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until the center barely moves when ramekins are touched. Remove ramekins from pan; cool 5 minutes on a wire rack.