Baked Chicken Cheese Enchiladas
Adapted from the Food Network
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 cans of Enchilada Sauce
- 2 cups grated Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken from a rotisserie chicken
- 1 small can of diced green chiles
- 1 cup canned corn kernels
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- Salt and pepper
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 12 to 14 soft round 6 to 8-inch flour or corn tortillas
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Stir in 1 cup of the grated cheese.
Add the chicken mixture to the cheese mixture and stir to combine.
In a baking dish, spray bottom with cookie spray and spread a 1/2 cup of the enchilada sauce over the bottom. Lay tortilla on a flat surface and brush the surface with enchilada sauce to moisten.
Place about a 1/3 cup of the filling on a corn tortilla,
roll up being careful not to break the tortilla
and transfer to the baking dish with the seam side down. Repeat process for remaining tortillas.
Pour remaining sauce over enchiladas, spreading to coat all of them.
Sprinkle remaining grated cheese over the top.
Enchiladas may be prepared up to this point 12 hours in advance. Transfer to preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes until hot and bubbly. Enchiladas may be reheated, covered with aluminum foil, before service. Sprinkle with the remaining scallions and serve warm.