Chicken, Mushroom and Fontina Quesadillas
Adapted from Cooking Light July 2009
4 servings (serving size: 1/2 quesadilla)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup presliced cremini (baby portobellos) mushrooms
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 (10-inch) whole wheat tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken breast (about 8 ounces), i used a rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup arugula or baby spinach
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Fontina cheese
- Cooking spray
1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add cremini mushrooms, sliced onion, salt, and pepper to pan; sauté 5 minutes.
Stir in garlic, and sauté 30 seconds.
Add vinegar; cook 30 seconds or until liquid almost evaporates.
2. Arrange half of mushroom mixture over half of each tortilla.
Top each tortilla with 1/2 cup chicken, 1/2 cup arugula,
and 1/4 cup cheese;
fold tortillas in half.
3. Wipe pan clean with a paper towel. Heat pan over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add tortillas to pan, two at a time.
Place a heavy skillet on top of tortillas; cook 2 minutes on each side or until crisp.