Sizzling Shrimp with Corn Relish
Adapted from Cooking Light September 2008
4 servings (serving size: 1 cup)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tablespoon minced jalapeño pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels (about 4 ears)
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1. Take corn off the cob using your new corn zipper you received for your birthday from your mom.
2. Combine first 3 ingredients; set aside.
3. Heat a 14-inch wok over high heat. Add oil to wok, swirling to coat. Add shallots, garlic, and jalapeño to wok; stir-fry 30 seconds or just until shallots begin to brown.
Add shrimp to wok;
stir-fry 3 minutes or until shrimp are done. Add corn; stir-fry 1 minute or just until corn is heated.
Stir in juice mixture;
sprinkle with cilantro (which I forgot to sprinkle on before the pictures were taken - oops.)