Friday, January 9, 2009

Devil Dilemma

He's baaaaaack...........................









From: Jason Horm
To: Elizabeth's Edible Experience
Date: Friday, January 9, 2009 5:20pm
Subject: Letter From the Devil


Hi Elizabeth--
Thanks for responding to my letter. We’re not trying to ruin your blog, but I am required to ask anybody that posts our recipes without permission to take them down. I don’t think we’re looking a gift horse in the mouth, as your posts that don’t link to the recipes don’t increase our site traffic at all. My suggestion to you would be to include a link for each recipe of ours that you choose, and put the steps of the procedure into your own words instead of copying and pasting the original text. That way, you can keep your format of photos of each step without having any problems.

Hope this helps, and here’s hoping you’ll rescind your labeling of me as a devil on your blog...
Jason
--
Jason Horn
Cooking Light Editorial Assistant


So it looks like Elizabeth's Edible Experience has gained at least one new reader this week. Jason doesn't seem to be too appreciative of my little joke (Jason, it was after all only a joke). But the good news is that the approach I outlined yesterday seems to work for Cooking Light. I love how he sent me this email and "suggest" exactly what I said I was already going to do in yesterday's post. It sure would have been helpful if he would have given me that little "suggestion" in his first letter and saved me hours of research to arrive at that conclusion. Also, he opens the letter by saying, "thanks for responding to my letter" but I never responded to his email - weird. Whatever! Anyway, I know Jason is just doing his job and he just happened to be the only person I could tie blame to for this ordeal. I think it was all in good fun and I know I had a blast with the comments and posts all week long!


Tomorrow's post = A recipe. Yippee! And Jason, it will be a Cooking Light one, so get your eyes ready!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Elizabeth, congratulations on yet another feather in your quill laden hat!

Angie said...

Good grief! This makes me glad I never spent any money on CI. Basically, you're not decreasing sight traffic and you're not plagiarising, but giving them due credit is illegal. Yeah, that makes sense.

I'm glad that it ends here, though, and you (hopefully) won't have anymore trouble with posting recipes!

#1SAHM said...

ugh how annoying! Remind Jason that going to the local library to look at Cooking Light's recipes doesn't increase website traffic either. Hrumph.

What's Cookin Chicago said...

Looks like everything is in order and glad that Cooking Light (Jason) has provided some specific details on what he recommends. I agree, it would have been helpful if he outlined everything in his initial email.

Anonymous said...

P.S. a list of ingredients cannot be copyrighted. They're just ingredients.

Ally said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA! I love, love it! DEVIL..... : )

Jason, if you are reading this comment, you have to admit, it is pretty funny.

Oh, crap. I hope I didn't break the rules...off to check my blog...

MaryBeth said...

Glad to hear that everything worked out ok.