Shrimp and Broccoli Stir Fry
- 1/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 pound peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups small broccoli florets
- 1 cup vertically sliced sweet onion
Combine first 6 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk.
Sprinkle shrimp with salt. Heat 2 teaspoons canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add ginger and garlic to pan; stir-fry 30 seconds.
Add shrimp to pan, and stir-fry 3 minutes or until done.
Remove shrimp mixture from the pan.
Add remaining 1 teaspoon canola oil to pan. Add broccoli and onion to pan; stir-fry 6 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender.
Add shrimp mixture and broth mixture to pan;
cook 1 minute or until thickened, stirring constantly.
Serve over brown rice or soba noodles.