Adapted from Cooking Light October 2010
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs, skinned
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 2/3 cup (1 1/2 ounces) grated fresh Pecorino Romano cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Add 4 chicken thighs to pan;
sauté 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove chicken from pan. Repeat with remaining chicken. Place chicken on a plate on the side.
3. Add onion and carrot to pan; sauté 4 minutes.
Add mushrooms; sauté 5 minutes.
Add garlic; sauté 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Add rice; sauté 1 minute.
Spoon rice mixture into a 13 x 9-inch glass baking dish coated with cooking spray;
stir in broth, 1/4 cup water,
Arrange chicken over rice mixture;
sprinkle with cheese.
Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until chicken is done.