Baked Shrimp with Tomatoes
Adapted from Cooking Light January 2011
- 1 (3-ounce) piece French bread baguette
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 2 medium roma tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices (about 1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 450°.
2. Place bread in a food processor; pulse until fine crumbs measure 1 1/2 cups. Combine breadcrumbs, parsley, and garlic.
Heat 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add breadcrumb mixture; cook 3 minutes or until golden brown and garlic is fragrant, stirring frequently.
3. Coat 6 individual gratin dishes with remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Arrange shrimp in a single layer in dishes; sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
Sprinkle with 3/4 cup breadcrumb mixture; top with tomato slices.
Sprinkle with remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Top with remaining 3/4 cup breadcrumb mixture; dot with remaining 3 tablespoon butter.
Bake at 450° for 12 minutes or until the shrimp are done. Drizzle with vinegar.