Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Tantalizing Tomato Treat

This is an amazingly easy, refreshingly quick, and completely satisfying meal. I didn't know what to think of this dish when I started to prepare it, but it was fun to pull together and the results were superb. I was so happy with the short cooking time and the different twist of this meal that I know I will soon be making this again for us to enjoy!

Baked Shrimp with Tomatoes
Adapted from Cooking Light January 2011

Ingredients
  • 1 (3-ounce) piece French bread baguette
  • 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 4 tablespoons butter, divided
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
  • 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
  • 2 medium roma tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices (about 1 pound)
  • 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Preparation

1. Preheat oven to 450°.

2. Place bread in a food processor; pulse until fine crumbs measure 1 1/2 cups. Combine breadcrumbs, parsley, and garlic.

Heat 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add breadcrumb mixture; cook 3 minutes or until golden brown and garlic is fragrant, stirring frequently.

3. Coat 6 individual gratin dishes with remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Arrange shrimp in a single layer in dishes; sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.

Sprinkle with 3/4 cup breadcrumb mixture; top with tomato slices.

Sprinkle with remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Top with remaining 3/4 cup breadcrumb mixture; dot with remaining 3 tablespoon butter.

Bake at 450° for 12 minutes or until the shrimp are done. Drizzle with vinegar.

And Serve.

Click Here for My Adapted Printable Recipe

5 comments:

Alice said...

Wow, what an awesome recipe!

teresa said...

i love shrimp and tomatoes together, i think they're so good! love this dish!

Mary Bergfeld said...

These are really a wonderful addition to a cooking rotation. I'm new to your blog but wanted you to know how much I enjoyed my visit here. I love the food and recipes you feature for you readers. I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great evening. Blessings...Mary

Krista said...

What a wonderful dish! I so wish this was for dinner at our house tonight!

Kathleen said...

This looks like an amazing combo!