Quick Chicken Noodle Soup
Adapted from Cooking Light January 2010
- 2 cups water
- 32-ounces homemade chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup prechopped onion
- 1/2 cup prechopped celery
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 6 ounces no-yolk egg noodles
- 2 1/2 cups shredded skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast
- 1 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley flakes
1. Combine 2 cups water and chicken broth in a microwave-safe dish, and microwave at HIGH for 5 minutes.
2. While broth mixture heats, heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add onion, celery, salt, pepper, and carrot; sauté 3 minutes or until almost tender, stirring frequently.
Add hot broth mixture and pasta;
bring to a boil. Cook 7 minutes or until pasta is almost al dente. Stir in chicken; cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated.
Stir in parsley.