Adapted from Cooking Light November 1996
- 2 1/2 quarts water
- 2 pounds medium shrimp
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons plain fat-free yogurt
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups sliced romaine lettuce
- 2 cups pink grapefruit sections (about 4 large grapefruit)
- 2 cups orange sections (about 5 oranges)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
Peel and devein shrimp; cook in a saute pan in 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Salt and pepper the shrimp and add 1/4 teaspoon cayenne to the shrimp.
Combine salad dressing and next 7 ingredients (salad dressing through pepper) in a large bowl,
and stir well. Add shrimp, and stir.
Line a large platter with sliced lettuce. Spoon shrimp mixture into center of platter; arrange grapefruit sections and orange sections around salad. Sprinkle salad with chives and fresh ground black pepper.