Honey and Toasted Pistachio Muffins
Adapted from Cooking Light April 2007
Yield: 12 servings (serving size: 1 muffin)
- 1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour (about 4 3/4 ounces)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (about 4 1/2 ounces)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped pistachios
- 2 tablespoons honey
Preheat oven to 350°.
Lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups level with a knife. Combine flours and next 3 ingredients (through nutmeg) in a medium bowl,
and stir well with a whisk. Make a well in center of mixture. Combine buttermilk, sugar, canola oil, and eggs;
add to flour mixture,
stirring just until moist. Spoon batter into 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray.
Sprinkle evenly with pistachios.
Serve for breakfast, brunch or snack.