Prosciutto and Marinated Artichoke Involtini
Adapted from Food and Wine October 2003
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped blanched almonds
- One 6.5-ounce jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and patted dry
- 1/4 cup 1/3 less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 18 thin slices of prosciutto (about 7 ounces)
1. Heat the oil in a small skillet. Add the almonds and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until golden, about 5 minutes.
Transfer to a plate and let cool.
2. In a mini food processor, pulse the artichoke hearts with the almonds
until finely chopped. Add the cream cheese, Parmesan and lemon zest and process to a paste.
Season with salt and pepper.
3. Lay 3 prosciutto slices on a work surface, overlapping them slightly along the sides. Spoon 2 tablespoons of the artichoke filling onto the short end
and roll into a tight cylinder.
Repeat with the remaining prosciutto and filling.
Trim the ends, cut into quarters