Adapted from Cooking Light May 2005
4 servings (serving size: 1 1/4 cups)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 small gloves of garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups cubed rotisserie chicken breast
- 1 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 cup of pitted ripe olive slices
- 1 (14-ounce) can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
To prepare dressing, combine first 7 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk.
Add 1 teaspoon of olive oil to a small skillet and saute red bell pepper until tender; about 8 minutes. When the peppers begin to soften, add the quartered artichoke hearts. Remove from skillet after 8 minutes and let cool.
To prepare salad, place chicken in a large bowl. Pour dressing over chicken and add the oregano, parsley and basil. Stir to combine. Add the artichoke hearts, red peppers
and olives to the chicken mixture and combine.
Serve the chicken salad on fresh ciabatta rolls or over lettuce leaves for a perfect salad.