Cheesy Baked Tortellini
Adapted from Giada De Laurentiis
- Olive oil
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1/3 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon of crushed red peper
- 1 pound purchased cheese (or any other variety) tortellini
- 2 ounces thinly sliced mozzarella
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly oil an 8 by 8 by 2-inch baking dish.
Measure out the sauce, mascarpone cheese, parsley and thyme in a large bowl.
Cook the tortellini in a large pot of boiling salted water until just tender, about 2 minutes.
Drain. Add the tortellini to the sauce and toss to coat. The heat from the pasta will melt the cheese and help the mixture blend smoothly.
Transfer the tortellini mixture to the prepared baking dish.
Cover and bake until the sauce bubbles and the cheeses on top melt, about 30 minutes.
Serve as a side or the main dish with some warm bread.