Sunday, March 29, 2009

Decadent Decapod

We haven't had crab in a while and when I saw this recipe I couldn't wait to try it. Crab and cream cheese were born to go together. This recipe was great for a Sunday lunch and was ready in less than 30 minutes from start to finish.

Crab-Stuffed Mushrooms
Adapted from Paula Deen

Ingredients
  • 1 cup crabmeat
  • 1/2 cup cream cheese
  • 1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
  • 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
  • 4 tablespoons Parmesan
  • Salt and Pepper to Taste
  • 1/4 teaspoon crab boil
  • 6 baby portobello mushrooms caps
  • 1/2 cup bread crumbs
  • Nonstick cooking spray
Directions

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.

Combine the crabmeat, cream cheese, parsley, green onions and Parmesan. (Next time I will cook the green onions and parsley in a pan with a little cooking spray first. I found the parsley to have to strong of a taste.)

Season with Salt and Pepper, to taste. Add Crab boil and blend thoroughly.

Remove stems from mushrooms and using a teaspoon, carve out a cavity large enough to stuff filling inside. Be very careful to not break the mushroom caps while making the cavity.

Stuff the mushroom caps with the mixture and top with bread crumbs.

Spray the tops with nonstick spray to help them brown.

Transfer to the oven and bake for about 20 minutes, or until the filling is hot and melted.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are beautiful and the step-by-steps will be helpful to many readers, I am sure.

Gabriela (Gabi With An Eye) said...

If its by Paula Deen, it's gotta be good (I've always said). What a great tip to spray the tops to help them brown!

Anonymous said...

I love stuffed mushrooms, those look great!

Debbie said...

I've made many of Paula's dishes and they're all great!!!

teresa said...

Oh these look amazing! I love crab!

Melissa said...

These look awesome. Stuffed mushrooms are one of my favorite things. Adding to my list!

Kerstin said...

You make it look so easy! They sound fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Recipe looks delicious! But when do you add the crab boil? It's missing in the directions. I'm guessing when adding the s&p.

Elizabeth said...

Yes, the crab boil should be added when you add the salt and pepper. Sorry about that omission.