Maple-Glazed French Toast
Adapted from Cooking Light March 2008
6 servings (serving size: 2 toast pieces)
- 3/4 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Cooking spray
- 12 (1-ounce) slices day-old white bread (such as Pepperidge Farm sandwich bread)
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Sugar Free Syrup for topping, if desired
1. Combine first 4 ingredients in a shallow dish.
2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Working with 2 or 4 bread slices at a time (however many your pan will fit), place bread slices into milk mixture, quickly turning to coat both sides.
Remove bread slices from milk mixture. Add bread slices to pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
Remove toast from pan. Repeat procedure with cooking spray, remaining 8 bread slices, and remaining milk mixture. Sprinkle powdered sugar evenly over toast.