Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Simplistic Spread

This recipe is going on record as the easiest one on this entire blog. All that is required is mixing some very key ingredients in a bowl. This is an amazing recipe to have in your arsenal because it can be whipped together when you have unexpected guests or when you are looking for a quick snack with a special twist. I served this recipe with Sea Salt flavored New York Style Bagel Crisps. You could make your own crostini if you desire, but that would involve one more unnecessary step.

Ricotta and Goat Cheese Spread
Adapted from Giada De Laurentiis

Ingredients
  • Bagel Chips or Crackers
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 4 ounces soft fresh goat cheese
  • 1/4 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
  • 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh basil leaves
  • 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon peel
  • Salt and pepper
Directions

Stir the goat cheese, ricotta cheese, basil, lemon peel, and 1 tablespoon of oil in a small bowl

until smooth and creamy. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Spread the cheese mixture over the bagel chips or crackers and serve.

10 comments:

Cupcakes with Nic said...

This looks so good! And so easy! Can't wait to try it!

One question -- if I didn't love goat's cheese, do you think another cheese would work in its place? I'm never totally sure I love goat's cheese... although this looks so good, I'm willing to try it again!

Elizabeth said...

Nic,

I think you could use cream cheese or marscapone cheese instead of goat cheese. Although, I highly recommend using goat cheese because it gives it a good flavor since the ricotta is so mild. Good Luck!

Gabriela said...

So elegant! I must definitely have my DH try making this for me!

MaryBeth said...

I love the ease of this dip...it looks great!

Anonymous said...

I've made this lots of times and everyone always wants the recipe! perfect for spring.

What's Cookin Chicago said...

Oooh - I can't wait to give this a try!

Anonymous said...

I'm definitely going to try this one out...I might use it for Easter!

Lil' Craze

Cathy - wheresmydamnanswer said...

This is a must try!! Looks so incredible !

teresa said...

Ooooh, this looks so good! I'd love to try this!

Ariel said...

Just stumbled upon your blog..I think I'm in love! Thanks for sharing so many amazing dishes!