Artichoke, Mushroom, Prosciutto and Arugula Pizza
Adapted from Cooking Light January 2007
4 servings (serving size: 2 wedges)
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1 (13.8-ounce) can refrigerated pizza crust dough (can be found by Pillsbury crescent rolls and cinnamon rolls)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced crimini mushrooms, sauteed in cooking spray until tender
- 1 can of artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 ounce thinly sliced prosciutto
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups arugula leaves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Position oven rack to lowest setting. Preheat oven to 500°
Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray; sprinkle with cornmeal. Unroll dough onto prepared baking sheet, and pat into a 14 x 10-inch rectangle. Spread the olive oil evenly over dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border.
Use a pastry brush to spread the olive oil evenly over the dough. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the olive oil. Sprinkle with crushed red pepper. Place baking sheet on the bottom oven rack; bake at 500° for 5 minutes. Remove pizza from oven.
Coarsely chop artichokes. Arrange artichokes on pizza; top with sliced prosciutto and mushrooms.
Sprinkle with Parmesan. Return pizza to the bottom oven rack; bake an additional 5 minutes or until crust is browned.
Place arugula in a bowl. Drizzle lemon juice over arugula; toss gently. Top the pizza with arugula mixture. Cut the pizza into 4 (7 x 5-inch) rectangles; cut each rectangle diagonally into 2 wedges or leave in squares.