Creole Croque Monsieur
Adapted from Cooking Light January 2010
- 1 tablespoon Creole mustard
- 1 tablespoon fat-free mayonnaise
- 8 (1-ounce) slices Italian bread
- 6 ounces thinly sliced ham
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Gruyère cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup egg substitute or 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- Cooking spray
1. Combine mustard and mayonnaise in a small bowl.
Spread 3/4 teaspoon mustard mixture over each of 4 bread slices; layer each slice with 1 1/2 ounces ham and 1/4 cup cheese. Sprinkle evenly with pepper.
Spread 3/4 teaspoon mayonnaise mixture over each remaining bread slice; place, mustard side down, on top of sandwiches.
2. Combine egg substitute or egg and fat-free milk in a shallow dish. Dip both sides of each sandwich into the egg mixture.
3. Heat a large nonstick griddle or large skillet over medium heat.
Coat pan with cooking spray. Add sandwiches to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned and cheese melts.
Click Here for My Adapted Printable Recipe