Even though I wanted our first meeting to be solely focused on the discussion of the book we read, of course I still wanted to start the evening out with a perfectly planned spread of noshes. This dish was on the menu and it was very delicious and easy to throw together.
Since we will have Book Club monthly I plan on highlighting one of the items I serve at each meeting here as well as tell you the book we read in case you are looking for a good read. We read "Room" by Emma Donoghue. It was a very interesting read. It was definitely different from anything I have ever read before and provided for great discussion. I highly recommend this book.
Tomato Feta Pasta Salad
Adapted from Ina Garten
- 1 pound fusilli (spirals) pasta
- Kosher salt
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 ripe roma tomatoes, medium-diced
- 1 small can of sliced black olives
- 1 pound good feta cheese
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped
For the Dressing:
- 5 sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 12 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 cup packed flat-leaf parsley, chopped
Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water with a splash of oil to keep it from sticking together. Boil for 12 minutes, or according to the directions on the package. Drain well and allow to cool. Place the pasta in a bowl and add the tomatoes, olives, feta and chopped sun-dried tomatoes.
For the dressing, combine the sun-dried tomatoes, vinegar, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper with a whisk.
Pour the dressing over the pasta,
sprinkle with the Parmesan
, and toss well.