Adapted from Cooking Light July 2009
4 servings (serving size: 2 chicken thighs)
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon No-Salt salt
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 8 (6-ounce) skinless, bone-in chicken thighs
- Cooking spray
1. Combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl.
Combine ketchup and next 3 ingredients (through mustard) in a small bowl; stir with a whisk.
2. Heat a large grill pan over medium-high heat. Rub spice mixture evenly over chicken thighs.
Coat pan with cooking spray. Add chicken to pan; cook 12 minutes. Turn chicken over. Brush with half of ketchup mixture; cook 12 minutes.
Turn chicken over. Brush with remaining ketchup mixture; cook 2 minutes or until a thermometer registers 165°. Be sure your thermometer does not touch the bone when taking the temp.