I don't cook with Crab much. It really is a shame because I adore the flavor of delicate lump crabmeat, but a pound of crabmeat is just so expensive that I can't justify it unless it is for a special occasion. I made an exception for this recipe because it looked so very delicious. I love lettuce wraps and I love grilled corn so I figured crab meat would just take this to a whole new level. Even though this was a very expensive weeknight meal, it truly was worth the money. It was a nice change in the usual weeknight rotation and it was a great tasting meal!
Corn and Crab Lettuce Wraps
Cooking Light September 2010
- 5 ears shucked corn
- 1 cup chopped bottled roasted red bell pepper, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 16 ounces lump crabmeat, shell pieces removed
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons canola mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 12 Boston lettuce leaves
1. Heat a large grill pan over medium-high heat. Place corn in pan; cook 8 minutes or until slightly charred, turning frequently. Cool slightly. Cut kernels from ears of corn; place in a large bowl. Add bell peppers, green onions and stir to combine.
Gently add crabmeat to corn mixture; toss gently to combine.
2. Combine lime juice, mayonnaise, black pepper, salt, and ground red pepper in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
Pour dressing over crab mixture;
toss gently to coat.
Serve salad over lettuce leaves.
Click Here for My Adapted Printable Recipe