Tomato Basil Soup
Adapted from Cooking Light March 2012
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 (28-ounce) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Preparation1. Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion; sauté 3 minutes. Stir in garlic; cook for 1 minute.
Add basil and tomatoes; bring to a boil.
2. Stir in cheese
Place mixture in blender or use an immersion blender (this is easier in my opinion), and blend until smooth.
Return to pan; stir in milk, salt, and pepper. Return to medium-high; cook 2 minutes.
Click Here for My Adapted Printable Recipe