Prosciutto & Black Pepper Quesadillas with Rosemary Oil
Adapted from Bobby Flay
- 12 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons coarsely ground black pepper
- Olive oil
- 1/4 cup Parmigiana Reggiano cheese
- 8 slices prosciutto di Parma, thinly sliced
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh rosemary leaves
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped chives
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Make the rosemary oil: Combine the oil, rosemary, chives and salt and pepper in a food processor
and process until smooth. Strain through a fine strainer
and store the green goodness in the refrigerator.
Quesadilla: Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Saute the red onions in a tsp of olive oil until softened about 8 minutes.
Place 8 tortillas on an ungreased baking sheet or non stick silicone baking pad. Spread half the cheese, onion and black pepper on each and season to taste with salt.
Top with 3 thin slivers of prosciutto and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Cover with remaining tortillas and brush the tops with olive oil
and sprinkle with some more of the Parmesan cheese.
Place on a lightly oiled baking sheet or a non-stick silicone baking pad and bake for 5 to 7 minutes or until the tortillas are lightly golden brown and the cheese has melted. Cut into quarters, top each quarter with a slice of prosciutto and drizzle with the rosemary oil.