Monday, April 12, 2010

2 Year Blogiversary !

Thursday is my two year blogiversary. I am traveling for work this week and won't be able to post on Thursday to celebrate the big milestone. I am posting a sweet treat today to revel in the occasion. It has been another great year of blogging and I have learned so much in my kitchen, about photography and even blogging. I have had a blast and feel fortunate for all of my followers and regular readers. Thank you for your interest!

Coconut Cupcakes
Adapted from Sunset June 2006

Ingredients
  • 2 3/4 cups butter, at room temperature
  • 2 cups granulated sugar
  • 4 large eggs
  • 2 teaspoons each vanilla and almond extracts
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon each baking powder, baking soda, and salt
  • 1 cup coconut milk
  • 1 cup flaked coconut, toasted
  • 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
  • 2 3/4 cups powdered sugar
Preparation

1. Preheat oven to 350°. Toast coconut in a dry skillet until browned, but not burned.

2. In a large bowl, cream together 2 cups butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.

Mix in 1 1/2 teaspoons each vanilla and almond extracts.

3. In another large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add to butter and sugar mixture in 3 batches, alternating with coconut milk.

4. Fill 30 paper-lined muffin cups (1/2-cup capacity) in two or more muffin pans about 2/3 full with batter.

Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean, 15 to 20 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes before removing muffins from pans. Cool completely.

5. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, 3/4 cup butter, and 1/2 teaspoon each vanilla and almond extract until smooth.

Gradually beat in powdered sugar.

Frost cupcakes and sprinkle with remaining coconut.

Click Here for My Adapted Printable Recipe

21 comments:

Lisa said...

Happy Blogiversary! I don't comment much, but I love your blog!

Unplanned Cooking said...

Congrats! Your blog is beautiful so I hope to celebrate again with you next year.

Susi's Kochen und Backen said...

Happy Blogiversary, I just recently started reading your blog and really like it. Looking forward to many new recipes :o)

Krista said...

Congratulations on 2 years! I can't believe that I'll be there myself this Fall. I love your blog and recipes...keep up the good work! These cupcakes look amazing. I especially love that toasted coconut on top of these cupcakes. It has me drooling. : ) Hope you have a safe trip and a lovely week.

Linda said...

Beautiful cupcakes--I love the addition of the coconut milk! Where did you get your cupcake papers?

Congratulations!

Unknown said...

Just found your blog which is very lovely. Beautiful coconut cupcakes!

Victor said...

A second year has already passed, WOW! Can't believe I have follow your blog for over a year. Love the choice of dishes and step-by-step pictures. I'm still a huge fan.

Happy Blogiversary!

Caroline said...

Congratulations. You have a beautiful blog and your photography is an inspriation. Plus, I'd love a cupcake :)
Please?

Happy 2nd Blogiversary...

Jennifer said...

Happy Blogiversary!!! beautiful cupcakes!

Jade said...

Congrats on the 2 years!! I love your blog and these look fantastic.

The Chef In My Head said...

Dear Elizabeth,
Congratulations on your 2 year anniversary!! I love your blog and always look forward to your postings! Cheers to many more! ~LeslieMichele

Tupper Cooks! said...

Hey-Great Job on a great blog- enjoy your posts, keep 'em coming!

Sush said...

Oh wow I am really going to make these cupcakes! Congrats on your Anniversary...you bring 'home' to my computer whenever you write about New Orleans and the area! Please don't stop...

Woody said...

Happy Blog anniversary! you are a super wife and a super cook.

Love

the husband

Page said...

Happy Blogiversary! I have loved reading your blog and look forward to many new posts!
Page

teresa said...

happy blogiversary! these cupcakes look marvelous!

Paula said...

Love the red cupcake papers. Congratulations on 2 years. That is a LOT of work.

Julie said...

Congrats on your blogaversary! The cupcakes look super :)

Kerstin said...

Happy Blogiversary!! These cupcakes are definitely the perfect way to celebrate - yum!

Ann said...

Happy Blogiversary! love the recipe, looks totally tempting. Great pics too

Shannon Smith said...

Happy New Year! How I Got My Ex Husband Back...........

I am Shannon by name. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my husband after three(3) years of marriage just because another woman had a spell on him and he left me and the kid to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address Makospelltemple@yahoo.com , have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a woman had a spell on my husband and he told me that he will help me and after 2 days that i will have my husband back. i believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my husband. Thanks for Dr.Mako. His email: Makospelltemple@yahoo.com OR.His WhatsApp Number:+2347054263874.