Monday, January 9, 2012

Better Butter

Happy New Year, Everyone! I hope you all had an amazing Holiday season. This year was great for my little family. Rex is at a fabulous age where he is old enough to enjoy carols, family gathering and new gifts yet still young enough to have some of the perils of the season escape him. Christmas and New Years were packed with fun gatherings, lots of cooking and good cheer. Immediately on the heels of that fun was my 30th birthday celebration, which my husband so kindly managed to stretch out into a full weekend of good times (more details on that excitement later).

I realized while preparing this super easy, exceptionally delicious appetizer for our New Year's Day get together that I have never shared it with my readers. I have been making this recipe for a while. It is a great one to add to the party table as it can be prepared up to 2 days ahead or even immediately before due to its simplicity. I also really enjoy serving it during parties because it is unique and not your typical holiday appetizer. This shrimp butter, regardless of what I spread it on always flies off of the platter.

Shrimp Butter

Adapted from Southern Living 2004 Annual Recipes

Ingredients:

  • 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 pound unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 pound peeled cooked shrimp, finely chopped
  • 3 tablespoons grated onion
  • 2 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
  • 1 teaspoon pepper
  • chopped chives for garnish

Directions:

Beat cream cheese and butter

at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy. Stir in chipped shrimp and next 5 ingredients;

spread mixture evenly

on toasted bread, crackers or fresh veggies. Garnish with chopped chives.

Click Here for My Adapted Printable Recipe

4 comments:

Woody said...

Love the shrimp butter!

MaryBeth said...

I love anything with shrimp, this looks delish!

Alice said...

I will definitely try!

Anonymous said...

Someone made this for a Christmas party and I made it for NYE. Sinful!