Healthy Banana-Blueberry Muffins
From Martha Stewart Everyday Food
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour (spooned and leveled)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat (2 percent) milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners. In a bowl, whisk together flours, wheat germ, baking soda, and salt.
In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars
with a mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
In another bowl, mash bananas with a fork (you should have 3/4 cup);
stir in milk and vanilla.
With mixer on low, alternately add flour mixture and banana mixture to butter mixture,
beginning and ending with flour mixture; mix just until combined. Fold in frozen blueberries.
Divide batter among muffin cups.
Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, 25 to 28 minutes, rotating pan halfway through. Let cool in pan 10 minutes; transfer muffins to a rack to cool 10 minutes more.